cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I delete NB-Java.tar.gz file under client folder in netbackup client

T_N
Level 6

Hi All;

I have a  netbackup client space issue. it uses 94% I checked it has 4 NB-Java.tar.gz files  under /usr/openv/netbackup/client/Linux/. Can I remove them? Thank you.

/usr/openv/netbackup/client/Linux/SuSE2.6.16/NB-Java.tar.gz
/usr/openv/netbackup/client/Linux/RedHat2.6.18/NB-Java.tar.gz
/usr/openv/netbackup/client/Linux/IBMzSeriesSuSE2.6.16/NB-Java.tar.gz
/usr/openv/netbackup/client/Linux/Debian2.6.18/NB-Java.tar.gz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Since it is just a netbackup client, we rarly use netbackup java console ...

as you have space issue..

first ...

see if you can delete anything under /usr/openv/netbackup/logs

then 

/usr/openv/pack --> it will have the old packages and hisotry of installtions.. you can delete very old packages if you would like to

if you still need the space go ahead and delete the abo e files that you have specified..

make sure you have client Software avaliable somewhere...in case if you need in future..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

BSircy
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Whenever you installed the client software, it installed the packages within the software for each operating system.

These are the compressed tar files for your client installation. Just don't delete the files for the given client.

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Since it is just a netbackup client, we rarly use netbackup java console ...

as you have space issue..

first ...

see if you can delete anything under /usr/openv/netbackup/logs

then 

/usr/openv/pack --> it will have the old packages and hisotry of installtions.. you can delete very old packages if you would like to

if you still need the space go ahead and delete the abo e files that you have specified..

make sure you have client Software avaliable somewhere...in case if you need in future..

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

As well as the recommendation of checking /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/ also check /usr/openv/logs/ also check if you have any core files that can be removed.

Check which directories are using up the most space

cd /usr/openv

du -sk * | sort -n

Luiz_Prina
Level 4
Employee

You can remove them.

But remember, it will not allow you to make remote installation because you dumped the client installation already.

If you are running out of space I 'd suggest to chek the log retentention on your master server it can release some space up:

1- host properties

2- master server - right button - properties.

3- Clean-up.

4 - review how many days the log were set to remain.

Regards,

LP