cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a replacement copy of the NBConsole.exe executable?

RBarnett
Level 3

I had a Windows XP system running with the NetBackup 6.5.5 client and Remote Management Console. This system was reinstalled last week with Windows 7, but I only managed to copy over the shortcut to the NBConsole.exe executable and not the file itself. Is there a way for me to get a replacement of the NBConsole.exe file? Is the executable file compatible with both Windows releases or would I need 2 files for seperate operating systems?

5 REPLIES 5

Will_Restore
Level 6

NetBackup 6.5.5 is not going to run on Windows 7.  You need version 7.0 as minimum per the Symantec Compatibility Guide.

Dyneshia
Level 6
Employee

In order for it to work, you will need the NBU Client CD.

FRom there you have the option to only install the remote admin conosole

RBarnett
Level 3

I have made progress, somewhat. I was able to get my hands on the install media for NetBackup 6.5 as well as ISO images on a G: drive for NetBackup 7.1 & 7.5. From the comments above, I understood that I should just be able to install the Remote Management console without actually installed the NetBackup Client.

For all 3 media types, I can start the install and select "No Keys" for the Remote Management Console but I see 2 errors:

Could not connect to server <server name>

Error 1606: Could not access network location %MyDocs%\.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Dyneshia
Level 6
Employee

Are you installing it locally ?  Did you right click on the install and run as administrator ?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Best to disable UAC completely.

Remember to disable Windows firewall as well.