cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I ignore these errors?

BirtyB
Level 4

Every night we receive multiple instances of the following errors on our Windows 2012 R2 NBU 7.6.1 Media server.  We are only using vmware policy backups.

• Event ID 157
  • Disk 15 has been surprise removed.

• Event ID 58
  • The disk signature of disk 13 is equal to the disk signature of disk 7.

• Event ID 15
  • The device, \Device\Harddisk10\DR94, is not ready for access yet.

• Event ID 140
  • The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: P:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume111. (STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BirtyB
Level 4

Problem was related to the fact that we had the MSDP storage connected to the media server using MS iSCSI Initiator.  Once we added the storage as a datastore at ESX level the problem went away.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

from where you are recving these alerts..

they does not seems to be netbackup alerts for me

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

No these aren't netbackup - these look to be system errors. You need to be asking this on a Microsoft forum :)

BirtyB
Level 4

Thanks all, they are appearing within the system log of our media server which is also our VMware Access Host.  The media server is a VM itself.  All backups are staored on MSDP.  Transport is hotadd.

I just wanted to check if anyone running the same config as us was also receiving these errors.  I have opened a support ticket so we'll see what they say.

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

If you are using SAN transport, there is probably a policy for disk on the media server that need to be changed to avoid these events.

Think there was a technote about the recommended settings on a Windows backup hosts

Edit

Found this

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH183072

Think we used Offline rather than Online, and then set the disk online for restoring

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Those errors seem to be hba/disk related. Seen that in the past being fixed with updated MS Storport drivers (older Windows OS) . Check the basics - disk and tape connected to different hba's, firmware and drivers and hba settings at MS and hba vendor as well as disk vendor recommend levels. *** Edit *** Ignore tape reference - you won't have tape on VM media server.

BirtyB
Level 4

Problem was related to the fact that we had the MSDP storage connected to the media server using MS iSCSI Initiator.  Once we added the storage as a datastore at ESX level the problem went away.