cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I restart a failed NDMP Restore (NBU 8)

bunsen82
Level 4

Hi,

Performing lots of detailed restores. A couple have failed. I dont see an option to resume, is there anyway I can restart? They are very specific so re-creating the job each time is very long winded.

I am using the B,A and R client within the NBU console. I also have OpsCenter analytics access but also do not see a restart option.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
If there is no option in Activity Monitor to resume or restart, it means that you will need to start all over.

You may want to look into bprestore.
The command may look very daunting at first, but once you have figured out which options to use for your scenario, it is easy to modify parameters and reuse the command.

You could also create bprestore log folder on the Master and go through the BAR selection again. You will then find the options and parameters that was used that you can then later on use again from cmd.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
If there is no option in Activity Monitor to resume or restart, it means that you will need to start all over.

You may want to look into bprestore.
The command may look very daunting at first, but once you have figured out which options to use for your scenario, it is easy to modify parameters and reuse the command.

You could also create bprestore log folder on the Master and go through the BAR selection again. You will then find the options and parameters that was used that you can then later on use again from cmd.

Thanks Marianne - Do you have a page that details the full syntax available for the command? I will run some tests

Marianne
Level 6

bprestore could be quite daunting, that is whyI suggested enabling bprestore log to see options and parameters derived from GUI restore. bplist log will help as well, as successful listing of paths is key.
It is a matter of trial and error, but once you have figured it out, it will be easy to reuse.

Herewith bprestore command usage: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/123533878-127136857-0/v123543657-127136857

As you can see, most options are optional. The only mandatory option is -f listfile | filenames .
filenames can be used for a simple path. 
If you have lots of different names/paths, rather create a file with the paths (derived from bplist) to be provided with -f option.

Other useful parameters will be :
-C client (ndmp host)
-t policy_type  (19)
-s date -e date
-L progress_log
-R rename_file