cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I script detailed email notifications for job events in NBU?

quantum-it
Level 4

I am running NBU 7.6.0.2 on a Windows 2012 server, with BLAT as the SMTP mailer.

I know that I can get a very rudimentary email notification when a backup job finishes, but the data it contains is VERY sparse:

"Backup on client server.domain.com for user root by server nbu1 succeeded.

Policy = BackUp Policy

Schedule = WeeklyFullBackup"

Is there a way to script more detailed email notifications from NBU, so that I can get emails when a job starts, when it is delayed, if manual intervention (i.e. tape swap) is required), and a more detailed final report when a job finishes?

Or is this something that I should be using OpsCenter for?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

watsons
Level 6

OpsCenter is the way going forward.

There is this bpend_notify which you can make use to email some more details (but still far from what you need). When backup completes Netbackup writes some basic info into BACKUP_EXIT_CALLED and you can get bpend_notify to send you that.

But this is something old.. I would go for OpsCenter. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

OpsCenter is the way to go if 'standard' NBU email notification is not good enough.

And if the 'canned' reports in the free version of OpsCenter do not meet your needs either, you will need the licensed version - OpsCenter Analytics.

See :

Symantec OpsCenter Administrator's Guide 
Symantec OpsCenter Reporting Guide

watsons
Level 6

OpsCenter is the way going forward.

There is this bpend_notify which you can make use to email some more details (but still far from what you need). When backup completes Netbackup writes some basic info into BACKUP_EXIT_CALLED and you can get bpend_notify to send you that.

But this is something old.. I would go for OpsCenter.