cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use existing prod netbackup license key for the a testing environment master/media server

amin--
Level 3

Hi,

Our Company has the Existing Netbackup Environment running with master and media server.

I wanted to build a test environment with 2 VM system ,  1 as master/media server and other as a test client system.

To install netbackup server entrerprise 7.7.3 on the test system , i do have the binaries available but my query is

whether i can use this for installation and use the existing netbackup license key of the current running netbackup environment and setup the master/media server on the test system?

I wanted to use it to test VM based backup disk backup , proxy host based backup or trying SLP in the test environment before adding it into my current Existing Netbackup environment. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

that is generally a question for Veritas Customer Care or your Sales Representative, not for this technical forum. However here are several points to mention:

- if you have capacity based licenses, and summary of your source capacity across both prod and test environment is below your licensed capacity, the you should be ok

- if you have traditional licenses, you will probably exceed number of licenses per NetBackup Servers, so that would be license agreement violation

- Veritas does not distinguish between "production" and "testing" data generally. However, if you are a Veritas partner, you could order "NFR" license, which is mentioned for testing/demo purposes

regards

Michal

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

that is generally a question for Veritas Customer Care or your Sales Representative, not for this technical forum. However here are several points to mention:

- if you have capacity based licenses, and summary of your source capacity across both prod and test environment is below your licensed capacity, the you should be ok

- if you have traditional licenses, you will probably exceed number of licenses per NetBackup Servers, so that would be license agreement violation

- Veritas does not distinguish between "production" and "testing" data generally. However, if you are a Veritas partner, you could order "NFR" license, which is mentioned for testing/demo purposes

regards

Michal

Thanks for this update.