cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can bpdbjobs command be used to find the backup job failure code ?

NortonsFan
Level 4

Which of the below field in bpdbjobs commands output will show the backup job failure code like 13,24,25 etc ?

" jobid,jobtype,state,status,class,schedule,client,server,started,elapsed,ended,stunit,try
on,kbytes,files,pathlastwritten,percent,jobpid,owner,subtype,classtype,schedule_type,priority
asterserver,retentionunits,retentionperiod,compression,kbyteslastwritten,fileslastwritten,fil
nt,[files]...,trycount,[trypid,trystunit,tryserver,trystarted,tryelapsed,tryended,trystatus,t
description,trystatuscount,[trystatuslines]...,trybyteswritten,tryfileswritten]... "

Are we have to only rely on bperror command to get the backup job failure code ?

Exploring,  if bpdbjobs command itself is already having this detail hidden in one of its 50+ fields output

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

as bperror shows it as status code - I would think status.

I had one that failed last night so I did the command

58 was my status/error code  so it looks like field 4=status

bpdbjobs -all_columns -jobid 2075613

2075613,0,3,58,mypolicy,-,myclient.mydomain.com,mymediaserver,1320731081,0000004141,1320735222,mymediaserver-hcart-robot-tld-

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

as bperror shows it as status code - I would think status.

I had one that failed last night so I did the command

58 was my status/error code  so it looks like field 4=status

bpdbjobs -all_columns -jobid 2075613

2075613,0,3,58,mypolicy,-,myclient.mydomain.com,mymediaserver,1320731081,0000004141,1320735222,mymediaserver-hcart-robot-tld-

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

DOCUMENTATION: In NetBackup 6.x and 7.x, what does the output of "bpdbjobs -most_columns" mean?
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH65123

***EDIT***

Touché!

NortonsFan
Level 4

Andy,

Thanks for this link, I had already gone thru it, but it done descriptive enough to conclude, it's the displays the error of job failure status.

NortonsFan
Level 4

Hi Hinchliffe,

Thanks for sharing the observation.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

put it there just in case & to fill a little space!

As confirmed by Judy & myself field 4 is the one to give you the status code of the job, beit 0, 1, 58 or 150 etc - was that all you needed clarifying?

NortonsFan
Level 4

Yes Andy.

Thanks Andy & Judy for sharing the information.

Your support is much appreciated

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Have marked Judys post as solution (you'd marked your own inadvertantly!)

NortonsFan
Level 4

Thanks Andy & Judy for the Support