cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Open File : Shadow Copy Components

Braker19
Level 3

Below is a snip-it from the activity log, I'm running netbackup 7.5.  I use DFS to replicate, and I set shadow copy comments for the backup selection list.  I'm not sure if this is a problem with DFS shadow copy components or if it's the open file manager.  I applied a lic for open file manager.  Most of the data is backed up on ther server but i receive a warning operation was partially successful

11/1/2013 10:05:25 PM - Warning bpbrm(pid=10744) from client z02rsixxxxxx: WRN - can't open directory: Shadow Copy Components:\User Data\Distributed File System Replication\DfsrReplicatedFolders\xxxxxx\jaxxxxxx\Temp Photos 2 (WIN32 2: The system cannot find the file specified. )

client z02rsixxxxxx: WRN - can't open file: Shadow Copy Components:\User Data\Distributed File System Replication\DfsrReplicatedFolders\xxxxxx\jaxxxxxx\Temp Photos 2\100MEDIA_IMAG0959.jpg (WIN32 3: The system cannot find the path specified. )

11/1/2013 10:05:25 PM - Info bpbrm(pid=10744) from client z02rsixxxxxx: TRV - last message being suppressed after 10 occurrences 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Will_Restore
Level 6

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH128145

Summary:
DFSR backups may complete with Status 1 due to insufficient space in the Shadow Copy Storage Area, or high disk I/O.

Troubleshooting:
Examine the bpbkar log on the client:
10:12:50.147 PM: [2568.2892] <2> tar_base::V_vTarMsgW: WRN - can't open directory: Shadow Copy Components:\User Data\Distributed File System
Replication\DfsrReplicatedFolders\Folder_A\file.txt(WIN32 3: The system cannot find the path specified. )

Examine the Windows System Event logs on the client:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: VolSnap
Event Category: None
Event ID: 25
Description:
The shadow copies of volume VolumeName were aborted because the diff area file could not grow in time. Consider reducing the IO load on this system to avoid this problem in the future.

Resolution:
Increase the amount of storage space available for Shadow Copies within the drive properties or change the Shadow Copy storage area location to another drive with sufficient space or less I/O.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Will_Restore
Level 6

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH128145

Summary:
DFSR backups may complete with Status 1 due to insufficient space in the Shadow Copy Storage Area, or high disk I/O.

Troubleshooting:
Examine the bpbkar log on the client:
10:12:50.147 PM: [2568.2892] <2> tar_base::V_vTarMsgW: WRN - can't open directory: Shadow Copy Components:\User Data\Distributed File System
Replication\DfsrReplicatedFolders\Folder_A\file.txt(WIN32 3: The system cannot find the path specified. )

Examine the Windows System Event logs on the client:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: VolSnap
Event Category: None
Event ID: 25
Description:
The shadow copies of volume VolumeName were aborted because the diff area file could not grow in time. Consider reducing the IO load on this system to avoid this problem in the future.

Resolution:
Increase the amount of storage space available for Shadow Copies within the drive properties or change the Shadow Copy storage area location to another drive with sufficient space or less I/O.