cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't backup SQL instance, using intelligent policy

KirillKrotov
Level 4

Greetings!

In my enviroment i have 2 master servers: master1 and master2.

On master1 i configured MS-SQL backup, using batch file. Dayly backup run successful. 

But when i try to use intelligent policy for same database(i maked it on master2) backup fail.

dbclient log show me following error:

CODBCaccess::LogODBCerr: DBMS MSG - SQL Message <2><[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.>

I think it is premissions issue for master2. Could you suggest, how i can resolve it?

7 REPLIES 7

stucci
Level 6

hello, some idea..

before to start the backup from master2 do you change the bp.conf (the registry on win) with the new master server ?

from the master2 do you can connect with the client (bptestbpcd) ? the dns from and to client and master2 is it ok ?

@

Yes, i added master2 to the registry on client. 

Dns and bptestbpcd work fine.

Instance is Active in Admin Console.

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

doublecheck this: "if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections".

The error has no relation to Master Server 1/2 permissions. And when Instance is Active, I presume that it is pronounced correctly in the policy.

When you use Instance name and the defined account, are you able to connect to the instance via SQL Management Studio?

Regards

Hello @Michal_Mikulik1

Yes, i can connect to the inslance, when i use defined credential. 

Marianne
A client can have many Server entries (as media servers) but can have only one Master Server.
So, you need to choose which master to use for SQL agent backups.

@Marianne

But i have another SQL clients, which have only server entrie, that contain master1 and master2. These clients are backing up fine.

Mouse

Are they using the SQL Intelligent Policy though? The SQL IP has a shared secret (database instance credentials) which are configured per master server.