cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connec to client (Invalid Error Number)

Puffy
Level 6
I'm trying to add a new client to the Netbackup 5.1 Master Server. Everything seems to be working fine except I can't connect to client. I did some searching and found a corresponding troubleshooting like this. I have tried to connect to other clients with no problems except this new one.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/265418.htm

I have followed the instructions and verified that all the steps are working fine. I can ping the master server, Bpclntcmd commands line work fine. Can resolve the hostname etc.

I run out of ideas why the master server cannot recognize the client.

6 REPLIES 6

Roobix_Cube
Level 5
1. Try telnetting to the client's bpcd port.  If this fails, check that bpcd is running on the client and that point #2 below is verified.

2. If the client is behind a firewall, try opening up the bpcd (13782) and vnetd (13724) ports. Also check that these are correctly entered in the services file.

3. In the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup Management > Host Properties > Master Server > Double-click on master server > Client Attributes, verify your port and connect back options.

4. when you run bpclntcmd -pn from the client, verify if the master server's shortname or FQDN is returned.  Whichever it is, make sure it is in the client's server list in the BAR GUI.

Ashz_Tomz
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
hi

please use bpclntcmd  -pn to bypass the setings on firewall and check

check bpcd ports on teh client and server . it has to be same ..
let me know !

cheers
ashish

Frank_Cavadi
Level 4
What type of client is it? Windows or Unix or ? If Solaris 10, you will have to run inetconv as Solaris 10
uses xinetd instead inetd.  If Windows either (as previously stated) a network firewall or locally enabled
firewall may be teh cause.  In addition some antivirus tools cause this issue as well.

You may also need to possibly adjust CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT value.

Lori_Tvrdik
Level 3
I know you said you can resolve the hostname on this server, but have you checked the reverse lookups on this server? 

Stumpr2
Level 6
I would be interested in seeing a reply to Frank's post.

Moved:

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified