cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create a VMWare Policy

Andr__Keller
Level 3

Hi all,

I have installed a test version of Netbackup (7.6.0.1). If I want to create a VMWare policy without the wizard I can't select in the VMWare option "Primary VM identifier" or Orphaned snapshot handling". There is nothing to select. And If I click OK I get the message "The parameter is incorrect" and "Please select at least one VM Snapshot Access method".

If I use the wizard I get the message after select "Virtual machine type" VMWare "No snapshot methods are available.

And very strange is. Last week it works for a day. I have created a policy and the policy runs daily (also today). But if I try to change the policy I get the message "The previously configured snapshot method "VMware_v2" in the Snapshot Options, is not compatible with the current policy attributes."

If have changed nothing on the server. I have only shutdown the server on friday and start the server yesterday.

Has anybody an idea what is my mistake?

Best regards,

André

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ontherocks
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Have you installed NetBackup Enterprise Client License in your test environment ?

Check the licenses validity/expiry on your test version NetBackup Master server.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

DG-2005
Level 5

is your connection to the vCenter valid? user / pass

Sounds like it's having issues connecting to the vCenter itself rather than creating a policy.

can you copy the existing policy ?

what is showing up under clients with the existing policy?

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

And also are you able tp browse the vmware clients?

Andr__Keller
Level 3

Yes the connection is valid. The user and the password works if I locked in direct via vCenter. Also it works with our current backup software Data Protector.

I have added the vCenter server ip address to the host of the backup server but with the same result.

Yes, can copy the existing policy. But I can't change the settings.

Yes, I can browse the VMWare clients (if I create a policy without the wizard).

Do you mean it is a communication problem between the vCenter server and the backup server?

Andr__Keller
Level 3

There is another strange thing: Netbackup has created in the vCenter for the machine a custom attribute where you can see when was the last backup.

All these attributes are away.

Andr__Keller
Level 3

Yesterday I had have unistalled Netbackup, installed Netbackup again, added the backup server in the host of the vCenter server, added the vCenter server in the host of the backup server. Uninstall the virus scanner (Symantec Endpoint Protection) on the backup server. But it don't work.

This morning I try it again and it works?? Nothing changed since yesterday on the backup and on the vCenter server. Strange. I hope it will also work the next days.

ontherocks
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Have you installed NetBackup Enterprise Client License in your test environment ?

Check the licenses validity/expiry on your test version NetBackup Master server.

Andr__Keller
Level 3

Yes I have installed a NetBackup Enterprise test license. The lizense expires end of next week. I mean a test license has all options and no limts.

By the way: today the problem is back. I can't create a new VMWare policy but the old policies are working (I have created some policies yesterday).