Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install RedHat Agent

muhanad_daher
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Dear All,

I have hp server as Client and the O.S is Redhat, and i want to install the agent on this server.  So, i am copy the the agent to redhat desktop, and login as root, but when i am trying to run install script appear message (STOP EXECUTE INSTSLLICS, ERROR IN LINE No. 7).

So, how to install it and how to know what the problem.

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Taken from the Infrastructure Core Services (ICS) Installation Guide for NetBackup 6.0
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/284276.htm

Symantec Infrastructure Core Services (ICS) Installation Guide for NetBackup 6.5
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/311445.htm

You must  run the installics script from the directory in which it is located.
If you run installics from another directory using the absolute or a relative
path, you will get an error.

You could try on its own
# installics -precheck
Confirms that the target hosts meet the product's installation requirements before installing.

Q: What is the version of NetBackup you installing?

muhanad_daher
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
thanx Stuart Green,

I have a Netbackup 6.5.

Hint: When i  run installics, there is no thing happened, but when run install script start to configuration and stop for log file missed.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Didn't see it was posted twice.  Let me repost my reply here:

You mention "installics" but if you just want a client installed, ICS shouldn't enter into the picture.  But you say your HP server is the "client," not a master or media server, so I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to install on that RedHat system.  Could you please rephrase your question?  Specifically:  What are you trying to install on the RedHat system - the NetBackup client, some part of ICS, something else entirely?

(If I make some assumptions, my initial guess is you might be trying to install using the wrong binaries or copied from the wrong media.  Give us the `uname -a` output from your RedHat box and we can use that to figure out what you might need to install!)