cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we Install Netbackup 7.1 and Veeam on same server

Sajid_Siddiqui
Level 4
Partner

I have a virtual enviroment i want to install Veeam for VMware ESX and as Veeam doesnot write on tape so we have Netbackup 7.1 for some physical servers backup.

Can we install Veeam and Netbackup on the Same physical server??

Regards

Sajid 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

teiva-boy
Level 6

Yes you can.  There is no conflicting issue there.  HOWEVER, there are performance considerations you will want to consider putting Veeam and NBU on the same server.  

I would recommend you check Veeam's documentation for recommended HW specs, as well as NBU's for your environment (NBU Performance tuning Guide) and see how you rserver stacks up.  

You (ideally) would want to put veeam on it's own box as with some of it's advanced features like compression and dedupe, would take away from the performance of NBU.  NBU just needs to come in and backup a directory keeping your Veeam backups.

I think, and you want to read the manual, but you can install Veeam on a virtual guest, and use SCSI Hot-add to backup the guests.  Backups are then saved to a share that NBU picks up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

teiva-boy
Level 6

Yes you can.  There is no conflicting issue there.  HOWEVER, there are performance considerations you will want to consider putting Veeam and NBU on the same server.  

I would recommend you check Veeam's documentation for recommended HW specs, as well as NBU's for your environment (NBU Performance tuning Guide) and see how you rserver stacks up.  

You (ideally) would want to put veeam on it's own box as with some of it's advanced features like compression and dedupe, would take away from the performance of NBU.  NBU just needs to come in and backup a directory keeping your Veeam backups.

I think, and you want to read the manual, but you can install Veeam on a virtual guest, and use SCSI Hot-add to backup the guests.  Backups are then saved to a share that NBU picks up.