cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Create MSDP on Media Server

LukeBart86
Level 2

Hi Guys,

I have an issue where I am trying to create a MSDP utilising NetBackupo 7.6.1 on Windows Server 2012.

The firewall has been disabled in this instance.

I have an ISCSI LUN on NetApp storage LUN for the MSDP and the Database is being hosted on local disk.

The iscsi traffic is running over a private subnet 192.168.x.x.

When I attempt to create the MSDP the pdde.config.log displays no errors however the config of the msdp fails and is rolled back.

I completed the exact same process on a virtual master and media the other day with no issues.

The only difference this time is the media is physical and has an iscsi LUN for the MSDP.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LukeBart86
Level 2

Okay, So I believe I found the problem. The other netbackup domain MSDP account was also named dedupeengine (with different passwords). This domain was trusted with the new netbackup domain and I believe this caused the issue. Hopefully this helps someone down the track!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

LukeBart86
Level 2

Sorry a little further to this about 5 minutes into the configuration the error is displayed "request timed out", I then close the MSDP config and an error is displayed "NetBackup Administration Console" Unspecified Error

Thanks again

Luke

LukeBart86
Level 2

Okay, So I believe I found the problem. The other netbackup domain MSDP account was also named dedupeengine (with different passwords). This domain was trusted with the new netbackup domain and I believe this caused the issue. Hopefully this helps someone down the track!