Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete PDDO disk pool

mstinton
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Dear All,

We are trying to delete a decommissioned PDDO disk pool from a customers NetBackup 7.5.0.1 domain.

We have cleared the catalog down of entries for the disk pool

We have successfully run nbdelete -allvolumes -force

We have sucessfully run bpimage -cleanup -allclients

The images on disk reports a single image with a number of fragments still residing on the disk pool.

I tried the nbstlutil remove_all command but this appears to have been decommisioned in this version of netbackup.

The images show in the nbstlutil list -mediaid @aaaab

Does anyone know how we remove this image from the EMM database and Storage Lifecycle Polcieis control?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mstinton
Level 3

this was solved by a script from Symantec support to remove the orphaned images from the database.

This removed all references to the orphaned images from the database and allowed the removal of the disk pool.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Will_Restore
Level 6

try nbstlutil cancel with appropriate switch

-lifecycle name
  or
-destination name
  or
-backupid value

mstinton
Level 3

WR,

The command succeeds but the image remains in the nbstlutil list -media @aaaab command output.

the disk pool wont delete.

I've tried running the nbdelete and bplimage -cleanup commands after and the image still remains in EMM.

I'll keep investigating.

symantec040
Level 4

@mstinton

Try,

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH187294

mstinton
Level 3

That's the technote that i found..

It appears that in 7.5.0.1 that the command no longer works.

The nbstlutil remove_all command shows as "This command is will be deprecriated and is not supported"

Following this technote results in the images being deleted from the Catalog but they still show in the

nbstlutil list -U -mediaid @aaaab

symantec040
Level 4

@mstinton,

I remember running that command#2  from the article on a 5220 2.5.1, few months back while working on a scenario, it worked good. 

Customer has to carefully mention the media id @xyz1 and also not to forget use -force option.

Kevin_Good
Level 5
Certified

try this:

nbstlutil list -mediaid @aaaab

nbstlutil -cancel  -force -backupid <image>

bpexpdate -d 0 -force -notimmediate -backupid <image>

nbdelete -allvolumes -force

If that does not work, try phase 1 & 2 import of all the images on the disk, then manual expiration.

mstinton
Level 3

The definetly does not work on 7.5.0.1.

It shows as depreciated with an english in the message stating that it is depreciated.

mstinton
Level 3

That command doesn't function either.

The PureDisk pool is inoperable so we can't try import and manually expire.

I'm going to Log a call with bcs support as one solution is a custom SQL script from support.

Kevin_Good
Level 5
Certified

Have you tried using nbemmcmd -deletehost ...

mstinton
Level 3

The disk pool that we are removing is a PureDisk dedupliction pool but the customer also utilises Media Server deduplication on the media servers in the environment.

the media servers are still in use so we can't use the detete host command.

We are currently engaged with Symantec BCS support and Engineering to develop a fix for the rogue images.

It appears that the backup image are incorrectly still held in the emm database but don't appear anywhere in the image database.

mstinton
Level 3

this was solved by a script from Symantec support to remove the orphaned images from the database.

This removed all references to the orphaned images from the database and allowed the removal of the disk pool.