cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see client from in Host Properties/Clients

zheka
Level 2
Hi folks!
I'm in dire needs of getting assistance, please help!!! Netbackup 6.5 Master server and client have been installed on two windows 2003  servers. I followed all steps in the official guide for MS Exchange administrator and created a dedicated account for Netbackup. After launching Netbackup Administration Console from Master server and going to Host Properties/Clients I don't see the client where I installed Netbackup Client.  (see the attached file no_client.jpg).  When I click on "Configure Client" and manually specify the name of the server where the Client portion of Netbackup is installed it is discovered. (see the attached file named merlin.jpg).  Merlin is the name of the server hosting Netbackup Client. Then I confirm all settings and still don't see merlin in the Clients page. Is there something wrong at  the client server, a.k.a. merlin ?

Eugene 
3 REPLIES 3

Reagan
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
Did you add the client to a NetBackup policy?

If the client is not added in a policy, you won't see it in host properties.

zheka
Level 2
Hi Reagan!
Thanks a lot for looking into it. Not yet, I didn't add the client to a NetBackup policy. And honestly I assumed that the client should be visible from the Clients list. At least page 27 of the guide says the following: "In the right pane, right-click on the Exchange client you want to configure and choose Properties". That's why I stopped at this point and started panicking.
And to aggrevate it the event log at Master Server throws this error message:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: LicenseService
Event Category: None
Event ID: 213
Date: 9/8/2009
Time: 7:02:35 PM
User: N/A
Computer: ARTHUR
Description:
Replication of license information failed because the License Logging Service on server \\MERLIN could not be contacted. 

Let me try to create a test policy for Exchange and see what happens

Eugene

Claudio_Veronez
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi there, U have to add the host to a policy  to see it.