Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity-based licensed features shows 0 in Admin Console

Bart_S_
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello everyone,

I upgraded my 7.5 NetBackup domain to 7.6 and also replaced previous 7.5 capacity-based license keys to upgraded keys 7.6. According to my license certificates I should have 100 TB front end protection.

How is it possible that after replacing keys, the NetBackup License Keys windows shows me that Licensed Capacity is 0? I replaced keys on OpsCenter server as well and of course restared services on both OpsCenter and master server.

Thanks in advance,
Bart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
That is because NBU does not count. Quantity has never been recorded as part of license key. The license enables the relevant feature and continues to work even if licensed number is exceeded. NBU licensing is based on honesty and legal compliance. Numbers on license certificate are for auditing purposes.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Will_Restore
Level 6

When we asked about it, were told that's the way it is. :(

Hope it gets fixed soon.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Will, can you elaborate ...

Interestingly, I'm looking at a case at the moment in this area, an extra tb of license was added but NBU isn't showing it.

Marianne
Level 6
That is because NBU does not count. Quantity has never been recorded as part of license key. The license enables the relevant feature and continues to work even if licensed number is exceeded. NBU licensing is based on honesty and legal compliance. Numbers on license certificate are for auditing purposes.

Bart_S_
Level 3
Partner Accredited

@Marianne: So you're saying that there won't be any information about my capacity in NetBackup License Keys window... strange, because before upgrade to 7.6 we had Data Optimization Add-On for 11 TB and that was showed in this window.

In that case, what is the way to check how much capacity my master server uses? nbdeployutil?

Marianne
Level 6

That is correct - NBU records the features that come with the license keys - not the quantities.

Licensing audit is a manual process once a year before maintenance renewal is due.
As a Symantec reseller, our company assist our customer with this process.

Capacity license is the easiest - nbdeployutil is all that is needed.