cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Backup Failed Status 2 none of the requested files were backed up(2)

HEMANPR
Level 6

People I have a problem with the Catalog Backup on Netbackup 7.5.5

7/19/2013 8:47:39 AM - Info bpdbm(pid=10300) staging relational database files for catalog backup     

7/19/2013 8:47:39 AM - Info bpdbm(pid=10300) staging NBAZDB backup to D:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackupDB\staging      

7/19/2013 8:47:39 AM - Error bpdbm(pid=10300) error staging NBAZDB backup to D:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackupDB\staging     

7/19/2013 8:47:39 AM - Info bpdbm(pid=10300) staging NBDB backup to D:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackupDB\staging      

7/19/2013 8:47:47 AM - Info bpdbm(pid=10300) done staging NBDB backup to D:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackupDB\staging     

none of the requested files were backed up(2)

When I try to validate the database, receive this error:

D:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin>nbdb_admin -validate NBAZDB

SQL Anywhere Validation Utility Version 11.0.1.2867

SQL error (-83) -- Specified database not found

SQL error (-83) -- Specified database not found

Database [NBAZDB] validation failed.

When I try to set the password, receive this error:

Change of dba password for NBAZDB failed.

Any Help? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HEMANPR
Level 6

Hello People:
Symantec Tech Support needed to solve this issue. I received a Remote Tech Support and the error could be fixed. Something was happened with the Database. The Database cannot write inself (No Space Issue, No Permissions Issue) Tech Support Just Delete the Second DB using the database tool and when the DB was created again the problem gone.
Thank you very much for your help. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Dyneshia
Level 6
Employee

checking that there is nothing obviously wrong with any paths in the \VERITAS\NetBackupDB\conf\databases.conf

If you so not see anything wrong please upload it for review.

Once this is corrected , run through : http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166043

watsons
Level 6

Have you also checked the diskspace? http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH57150

Another possibility (probably Dyneshia has pointed out): https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/error-staging-nbazdb-backup-usropenvdbstaging-error-1...

Dyneshia
Level 6
Employee

Hello HEMANPR ,

Were you able to follow the tech notes above ? If you are still having an issue, please upload the \VERITAS\NetBackupDB\conf\databases.conf

Gogs
Level 3
Certified

Try

renaming the sql_any folder...

/usr/openv/db/bin/.nbdb_ping

if database is not available

go to /usr/openv/tmp

mv sqlany sqlany(date)

mkdir sqlany

chmod 700 sqlany

try ping the database again..

/usr/openv/db/bin/.nbdb_ping

HEMANPR
Level 6

Hello People:
Symantec Tech Support needed to solve this issue. I received a Remote Tech Support and the error could be fixed. Something was happened with the Database. The Database cannot write inself (No Space Issue, No Permissions Issue) Tech Support Just Delete the Second DB using the database tool and when the DB was created again the problem gone.
Thank you very much for your help.