cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Backup Tune

H_Sharma
Level 6

Hello Experts,

We have a schedule in which full Catalog backup is happening daily and differential every 2-3 hours.

So do you suggest the same? We dont have many changes in a day. So do you really recommend that?

My understanding  is if we take daily full in the morning and cumulative in night is more than sufficient.

Pls share your understaning on Catalog backup schedules and recommendation.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

this is all depends on your company requirements and their defied RPO.

if you have the catalog backups every 2-3 hours.. the the RPO will never be more that 2-3 hours...

you can lose the master data only for 2-3 hours at Maximum...

if you take once in 12 hours.. the RPO will become 12 hours.. and in case of any recover you have a possiblity to loos maximum 12 hours of data..

so now talk to your management, are they ready for 12 hours RPO or 2-3 hours RPO..

you need to expline the pros and cons to your management and come to an undersanding about the frequency of the catalog backups..

since there is no much chages in your enviornment that catalog backups compleate very qucily.. so i would pefer to keep it as same..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

this is all depends on your company requirements and their defied RPO.

if you have the catalog backups every 2-3 hours.. the the RPO will never be more that 2-3 hours...

you can lose the master data only for 2-3 hours at Maximum...

if you take once in 12 hours.. the RPO will become 12 hours.. and in case of any recover you have a possiblity to loos maximum 12 hours of data..

so now talk to your management, are they ready for 12 hours RPO or 2-3 hours RPO..

you need to expline the pros and cons to your management and come to an undersanding about the frequency of the catalog backups..

since there is no much chages in your enviornment that catalog backups compleate very qucily.. so i would pefer to keep it as same..