cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Backup failed with error code 2 and 96

Vasu_H
Level 3

Hi,

The catalog backup job failed with error code 2 and 96. I have checked the parent job failed with error code 2 and child job has been failed with error code 2 and 96. This is the first time i'm facing this scenario. so can u please any one help on this.

NetBackup Version: 6.5

Troubleshooting steps i have done, for 96 failure i have allocated one new media in respective volume pool, even though i'm facing with same issue. So please any one guide on this issue and let me know if required any further information.

Regards,

Vasu H

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

96 - no media available. Ensure the media is the correct "type" as the drives in the storage unit. Best option is to put lots of available media into the robot (if you have one) and ensure they are assigned to scratch so the Catalog pool takes new media when required.

Let's see a policy output of your catalog backup: bppllist <policyname> -U

and also

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/available_media

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

96 - no media available. Ensure the media is the correct "type" as the drives in the storage unit. Best option is to put lots of available media into the robot (if you have one) and ensure they are assigned to scratch so the Catalog pool takes new media when required.

Let's see a policy output of your catalog backup: bppllist <policyname> -U

and also

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/available_media

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Do you have any media available, run the availiable_media script to check that media are availble that have the correct retention, are in the correct volume pool are are available in scratch.

The script is in netbackup/bin/goodies

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

echo ? :)

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Status 2 error is because of status 96 (no media in CatalogBackup pool).

See this status 96 troubleshooting wizard:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=answers&type=wizard&wizardid=NBU090&wizardstepid...

PLEASE upgrade your environment. NBU 6.5 ran out of support a year ago.

Upgrade portal: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH74584

Amaan
Level 6

No tapes. check if you have tapes available in Catalog pool. If yes check if drive type and media types are matching.