Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Backup partially sucessful

koribilli12
Level 4

Team,

I am getting following error while backing up the Catalog :

05/12/2017 16:00:18 - Info bpdbm (pid=2620) staging relational database files for catalog backup
05/12/2017 16:00:18 - Info bpdbm (pid=2620) staging NBAZDB backup to C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackupDB\staging
05/12/2017 16:00:18 - Info bpdbm (pid=2620) done staging NBAZDB backup to C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackupDB\staging
05/12/2017 16:00:18 - Info bpdbm (pid=2620) staging NBDB backup to C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackupDB\staging
05/12/2017 16:00:28 - Error bpdbm (pid=2620) error staging NBDB backup to C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackupDB\staging
The requested operation was partially successful  (1)

We have changed all the settings however it is keep on going failure at Netbackup DB Staging. The catalog size is 1.8 tb.

Any solutions would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Kishore

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Your catalog size is getting to a point where it is becoming too large and unmanageable.

When last did a successful catalog backup run?
Is there enough space on the C-drive to hold the catalogs and the staging location?

Have you tried to validate the databases? 
nbdb_admin -validate -full

Or use nbdb_backup to manually backup and/or truncate logs?

nbutech
Level 6
Accredited Certified

I agree to Marriane.. I am certain there might not be enough disk space on C drive

Tousif
Level 6

Hello,

Adding steps:

Create log folder 'nbdb' under /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/ on master server.

Try to take online backup of database.

Syntax:

nbdb_backup [-dbn database_name] -online destination_directory [-tlog_only] [-truncate_tlog]

Once it fail review the nbdb log or share with us. It will help to troubleshoot further.

Regards,

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Run a catalog backup and do a  :

vxlogview -t 00:05:00 - this will show all log text for the last 5 minutes.