cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Email not working

drumatic87
Level 4

Hello,

A while ago we had created a catalog policy that also sent out an email, via blat.exe mail app.

However it has stopped sending emails as of the 7/4/2011. I have no idea what caused this.

Can someone please advise what i should check? or how i can set it up again?

Netbackup 7, Windows 2008 Server R2 Standard

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Is blat still working from cmd? Any errors in Event Viewer Application log?

I have seen email notification stop working when a customer added another email address with semi-colon (;) as separator instead of a comma (,).

Check logon account for NBU Client service. Extract from Admin Guide I:

■ If the email server requires authentication for SMTP, make sure that the
account that is used for the NetBackup client process is authorized. The
default account is the local system.

drumatic87
Level 4

Blat appears to be working from CMD.

Yeah we have multiple email addresses for the DR file, but they've been working fine, there were no changes made to the Catalog backup, it just stoped emailing for some reason.

Marianne
Level 6

Have you checked logon account for NBU Client service?

Please also check nbpem log to see if email was sent. Run this shortly after catalog backup has completed

Check nbpem log to see if email was sent out (adjust -t to ensure that catalog backup completion is caught - my example checks the last 30 minutes):

vxlogview -o 116 -t 00:30:00

Look for output such as this:

[Info] V-116-14 CLIENT <master>  POLICY Hot_Catalog_Online  SCHED Daily  EXIT STATUS 0 (the requested operation was successfully completed)

V-116-243 [MailClientStatus::makeCall] email sent to <master>

drumatic87
Level 4

Sorry, i'm having toubles understanding your response. I've tried tunning the vxlogview but i don't think i'm doing it right.

I have opened a symantec support case.

Thank you.

Marianne
Level 6

I have cleared the Solution since your problem is clearly not yet solved.

The idea with vxlogview is to get enough output that will catch the end of a successful catalog backup. So, if it completed 4 hours ago, use something like -t 04:30:00. If there is lots of output, run the command again and direct output to a file, e.g.

<install_path>\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\vxlogview  -o 116 -t 04:30:00 >c:\temp\pem.txt

It will be easier to earch a text file rather that output on a screen.

Please let us know when you've heard back from Support.