cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Recovery Without Import

PranavB
Level 4

Geeks ,

I am trying catalog recovery from an old master to a new master without importing the media. I have already added all the media to a read only pooland now looking for basically two things.

1) Usage of cat_export and cat_import - There is no common staging area as they don't share any network.

How should i run , if i can get an output i can copy using USB drive to my location.

2) there are 200 clients same on both old and new , i can copy all of the others to db/images. i am thinking of a way where i can copy images of the duplicate clients as well as there backup time and policy names are totally diffrent.

ANy issues i could face while cat_import -please suggest its usage as well.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

yes... you can surly use an USB Drive to transfer the data...

also you can use any commmon network these two master servers use... may be some share portal... (or gogle Drive etc. if your orgination permits)

since the policy names are totally different, you can surely copy those images to the same location /db/images with out any issues... 

go ahead and good luck...

View solution in original post

sdo

Here's a white paper covering NetBackup Catalog Recovery Without Import:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH28722.html

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RamNagalla

yes... you can surly use an USB Drive to transfer the data...

also you can use any commmon network these two master servers use... may be some share portal... (or gogle Drive etc. if your orgination permits)

since the policy names are totally different, you can surely copy those images to the same location /db/images with out any issues... 

go ahead and good luck...

sdo

Here's a white paper covering NetBackup Catalog Recovery Without Import:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH28722.html

RamNagalla

also you can use WINscp to copy to your local desktop and then move to destination server using the same winscp...