cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Recovery of Netbackup 7.6.0.2 if IP address of the Master Server is different ?

Sunil_Gulati
Level 3

I want to know if Catalog Backup recovery is possible if master server IP address is different but same installation path, host name, NBU version is there ? Actually I am unable to find specific information on Netbackup Troubleshooting Guide and in any tech note ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The IP address is not stored in any of the NBU databases.
So although this TechNote says that the IP address must be the same, experience has shown that IP address can be different.
The only place where IP address is stored, is NBU host cache for an hour.

So, in a new/DR environment where the Master has a different IP address from the start, there is no knowledge anywhere in NBU catalogs of the old IP.

Remember that NBU installation path must be the same.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6

The IP address is not stored in any of the NBU databases.
So although this TechNote says that the IP address must be the same, experience has shown that IP address can be different.
The only place where IP address is stored, is NBU host cache for an hour.

So, in a new/DR environment where the Master has a different IP address from the start, there is no knowledge anywhere in NBU catalogs of the old IP.

Remember that NBU installation path must be the same.

RiaanBadenhorst

Marianne is correct.

IP changes can be done without any impact on NBU. The only place you'll find an issue is with servers that have hosts file entries configured for the master server (mostly unix/linux). They'll need to be updated.

And secondly is with PBX cache, you can run bpcltntcmd -clear_host_cache on  server/clients to make sure they use the new IP address when trying to communicate with the master.

Sunil_Gulati
Level 3

Ok perfect, thanks much for this information. I'll try this in my DR environment and will let you know incase of any issues.

Thanks

Sunil