cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Replication with NetBackup 7.6.x and AIR

darpanthaker
Level 2

Hi,

I am looking for some help on configuring Catalog Replication with NetBackup AIR.

Production site: NetBackup 7.6.x configured with AIR 

DR site: NetBackup 7.6.x configured with AIR

I have following queries for above configuration:

1. What are the best practices to configure the Catalog replication using AIR?

2. Is it mendatory to have the same hostname for NetBackup Master Server configured at Producation site and the DR site?

3. What steps/actions are required to kick off the restores from NetBackup Master server at the DR site when Production site is down in case of a real disaster.

Thanks,

Darpan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

AIR is not really meant for catalog replication.
It is meant for replication of client backups. The remote master then imports the catalog info that is replicated along with the backup data.

So, there is no need for catalog recovery at remote site as remote master is up and running with a copy of production site backups and catalog info.

AIR is done between 2 different master servers with different hostnames.

To restore, you will browse for client backups from source domain and restore to clients at remote site.

See this AIR FAQ: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH154323 

and Chapter 25 of  NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I  : About NetBackup replication

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

AIR is not really meant for catalog replication.
It is meant for replication of client backups. The remote master then imports the catalog info that is replicated along with the backup data.

So, there is no need for catalog recovery at remote site as remote master is up and running with a copy of production site backups and catalog info.

AIR is done between 2 different master servers with different hostnames.

To restore, you will browse for client backups from source domain and restore to clients at remote site.

See this AIR FAQ: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH154323 

and Chapter 25 of  NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I  : About NetBackup replication