cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog backup status

abu_jaman
Level 6
Hi experts,

I get email about my Netbackup status every day. I get the following lines and i do not understand the meaning of it. Is it an error messages or something diferent. Please help.

Catalog Backup Status the requested operation was successfully completed (status 0).To ensure that the NetBackup catalog data is protected throughSat Feb 23 00:00:04 2008, retain a copy of the attached file, and the media or files listed below:Catalog Recovery Media        Media Server     Media ID      * netbak           000001
DR file written to /var/tmp/catalog-backup/catalog_backup_1203742917_INCR
5 REPLIES 5

abu_jaman
Level 6
Can anyone give me some feedback?

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
This is normal.

You have 'Hot' Catalog Backups scheduled - set up similar to a 'normal' backup policy. Part of the set up procedure for this includes e-mailing designated administrators with the result of each catalog backup.

The e-mail excerpt you have included is telling you that your catalog backup was successfully written to tape (000001) and disaster recovery information recorded ( /var/tmp/....../<filename> ) . This is info you would need if you ever needed to fully recover your netbackup system.

Check out the admin guides or even help pages in the GUI.

Regards, Andy.

Message Edited by Andy Welburn on 03-05-2008 08:48 AM

Message Edited by Andy Welburn on 03-05-2008 08:48 AM

huanglao
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified
That is normal. You can use bprecovery -l -m 000001 -d "density" check the caclog status density can be 4mm (4-mm cartridge) 8mm (8-mm cartridge) dlt (dlt cartridge) dlt2 (dlt cartridge alternate) qscsi (1/4-in cartridge) ..................... ################################################################### SAMPLE # bprecover -l -dpath /backup Database Backup Information from /backup Created: 03/29/07 18:27:21 Server: xxx Path ---- IMAGE1 xxx:/usr/openv/netbackup/db IMAGE2 xxx:/usr/openv/volmgr/database IMAGE3 xxx:/usr/openv/var ###################################################################

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
you should see that that email as an attachment.
it is that attachment that you need to do the recovery.
it also tells you were the orig file is on the server.

so you either need to save the  emails with the attachments or get that file that was created moved over to your dr site.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
Every status 0 means good backup, also status 1, but not that good at all