Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog recovery at primary site

MJaggi
Level 3
Hi..
I have a query in Catalog recovery.

We have two netbackup dominas A and B configured under AIR replication using Data domains DDA and DDB.
Suppose We take a catalog backup at site A on DDA and replicate to remote DDB using AIR.
I know the AIR is not ment for catalog recovery at primary site.
Now If master server A and DDA are crashed , Will I be able recover master server A if i do below steps ?

1. Setup new server A and DDA with same config as old once.
2. Replicate the Mtree from DDB to DDA.
3. Using the catalog recovery wizard .. recover the catalog on master A.
Thanks ...
Appreciate if someone can answer this...

4 REPLIES 4

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hi

I would do the new 'replication contex' on DDA and DDB. On your master server I would have mounted this directory which is replicated to DDB and create out of it storage unit. Then directed NBU-Catalog policy to this STU. Replciation will be made automatically by DD.

During the DR - you do mount the replicated DIR from DDB to your 'DR master server' (same hostname etc) - use bprecover -wizard command and almost done.... Then you need to somehow replace @aaaa string for DDA with ie @bbbb for DDB device... there was a command for this... nbcatsync....

Please review the NBU troubleshooting guide - where is whole chapter about DR.

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hi

I stand corrected (I do not play with DD about two years now)... maybe nbcatsync is needed... but most likely you need to after catalog recovery promote the (most porbably) second copy to primary one and then start recovering your client's data...

Thanks quebek....
You mean you will create a nfs to mount on master server ?

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Exactly share this nfs dir, make on it STU - point hot catalog backup to this STU and DD will do the replication in background for you....