cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog recovery- netbackup 7.6.0.3

cynthiapinto
Level 4

Hi,

I have a master server & a media server which is connected with tape drive . my master server is crashed & i need to rebuild with the catalog file . I have a DR file in email.

I have rebuilt the master server & copied the dr file to the server but when i run the bprecover -wizard command i get below error

ERR - Failed to execute command /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bptm -restoretir -jobid 9 -cn 1 -b inhyizvmnbms001_1436689282 -c inhyizvmnbms001 on host INHYIZBKPSRV01 (40)

here - inhyizvmnbms001 is my master server

INHYIZBKPSRV01 - media server

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
From what I can gather, master server was reinstalled and devices added to master alone. Media server not yet added. The problem here is that the catalog backup was written by the media server, so recovery request will be sent to the media server. You have one of 2 options : 1) Add the media server, add devices, ensure media server is fully functional, then recover catalog. 2) Make a copy of the DR-file, then edit the original file to replace all references to media server with master server name. This should be all that is needed to get the catalog recovery to run on the master.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Did you configure the tape drives and ran the inventory before you trigger the command bprecover?

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Status 40 indicates network issues between master and media, are there firewalls that need to be adjusted or other network tuning that was done previously?

cynthiapinto
Level 4

Hi,

I have configured the tape library & able tosee the tapes in Media .  even the catalog backup tape is available .

Iptables were configured before but we have stoped now.

I get the same error when i try to recover from catalog tape.

jim_dalton
Level 6

So you have a fully functioning netbackup environment but without the  images and content from the catalog backup? You shouldbe able to run a backup - a trivial one - to your media server.Try backing up /etc  on the master to the media server. A two minute test.

If that works ( dont overwrite your catalog by the way...)..might be an idea to post the log from the catalog recovery. Jim

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
From what I can gather, master server was reinstalled and devices added to master alone. Media server not yet added. The problem here is that the catalog backup was written by the media server, so recovery request will be sent to the media server. You have one of 2 options : 1) Add the media server, add devices, ensure media server is fully functional, then recover catalog. 2) Make a copy of the DR-file, then edit the original file to replace all references to media server with master server name. This should be all that is needed to get the catalog recovery to run on the master.