We are having 126.96.36.199 in our environment. The Snapshot, Replication are managed by SLP. We also have Replication Director involved.
We have 1 image whose snapshot completed and it was replicated to Secondary storage which is Netapp Filer successfully.
By going onto Catalog>Verify.. i can see the backup ID and Copy 2 is Primary Copy which means that Replication completed successfully.
Now i have a requirement to change the expiration date of a image that is due to expire on 20 April,2016 and extend it to 3 months.
I am running the below commands and tried with almost all the switches but no luck and getting "unabel to process request" error.
I am running below commands ;
1) /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpexpdate -backupid Backup ID -d 07/20/2016
2) /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpexpdate -recalculate -backupid Backup ID -copy 2 -ret 5
3) /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpexpdate -recalculate -backupid Backup ID -d 07/20/2016 -do_not_follow_dependee
Are you SURE you want to recalculate expiration dates on all images
that meet the following criteria:
backupid Backup ID
to expire on Wed 20 Jul 2016 12:00:00 AM ES
unable to process request
Can anyone please help me.
You can duplicate the current image from catalog and set new retention for it.
1. Select 'duplicate' in the catalog - search the image and select the one you require to change retention
2. Right click image- select duplicate - select the retention level from the drop down list
3. Monitor the duplication job on the console and verify the new retention using bpimagelist command.