Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Expiration date of a SLP Image

imashu
Level 4
Certified

Hi,

We are having 7.6.1.1 in our environment. The Snapshot, Replication are managed by SLP. We also have Replication Director involved.

We have 1 image whose snapshot completed and it was replicated to Secondary storage which is Netapp Filer successfully.

By going onto Catalog>Verify.. i can see the backup ID and Copy 2 is Primary Copy which means that Replication completed successfully.

Now i have a requirement to change the expiration date of a image that is due to expire on 20 April,2016 and extend it to 3 months.

I am running the below commands and tried with almost all the switches but no luck and getting "unabel to process request" error.

I am running below commands ;

1) /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpexpdate -backupid Backup ID -d 07/20/2016

2) /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpexpdate -recalculate -backupid Backup ID -copy 2 -ret 5

3) /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpexpdate -recalculate -backupid Backup ID -d 07/20/2016 -do_not_follow_dependee

Are you SURE you want to recalculate expiration dates on all images
that meet the following criteria:
  backupid         Backup ID 

to expire on Wed 20 Jul 2016 12:00:00 AM ES
Continue?(y/n)y
unable to process request

Can anyone please help me.

3 REPLIES 3

ashokvaleti
Level 4

Please check below output to confirm image is assigned to current master server properly

bpimagelist -backupid <backupid> -L

Vamika
Level 3

You can duplicate the current image from catalog and set new retention for it.

1. Select 'duplicate' in the catalog - search the image and select the one you require to change retention

2. Right click image- select duplicate - select the retention level from the drop down list

3. Monitor the duplication job on the console and verify the new retention using bpimagelist command.

Will_Restore
Level 6

I agree, you are so close to expiration date, duplicate the images with new retention period.