cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in SLP replication window

Shivaji_The_Bos
Level 2

Can i change SLP replication window?

I have one SLP configured. I want all the pending replications on that SLP to complete as soon as possible.

So can i change SLP replication window to 24*7 ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

if would like to do it for only one adhoc backup , i would suggest you to go with New SLP rather than chaning the existing one.

create new SLP with 24*7 window and use the new SLP for the your required backup, that will be quick and easy way.

because chainging the SLP is not best practice , every change in SLP will create a new version and its might leave some images orphaned.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla

by default SLP window is 24*7, unless its is customised (customization is only possible if netbackup is 7.6)

you can see your SLP replication or dupliction window in the SLP, when you open it

or else you can see it from nbstl command

to compleate the repliations quickly you need to make sure the configuration is done with well planed and optimized way..

Shivaji_The_Bos
Level 2

Yes we have netbackup 7.6 in which we have created some SLP windows. 

But now i want to take one adhoc backup and send to DR location ASAP. So just want to know if i can change the replication of existing SLP 

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
You can use the below command to modify the SLP Window in netbackup 7.6  "nbstl -modify_version -version -window [,,... ]" You can check the SLP version by running the command nbstl -all_versions -L here is an example... if u have 2 operations in your SLP say backup and replication and you would like to change the window of replication to 24x7 then run the following command >nbstl -modify_version -version -window Default_24x7_Window,Default_24x7_Window Your last line said that you want to take a new backup and then perform the replication asap.. The above mentioned changes would apply for all the previous backups which have not yet completed the secondary operation.. if you just want to test it for a new backup then you can make the changes from the GUI directly and theses changes would be applied for the new backup that runs

RamNagalla

if would like to do it for only one adhoc backup , i would suggest you to go with New SLP rather than chaning the existing one.

create new SLP with 24*7 window and use the new SLP for the your required backup, that will be quick and easy way.

because chainging the SLP is not best practice , every change in SLP will create a new version and its might leave some images orphaned.