cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Path

virankumar
Level 4

Hi Team,

Can any one please give me idea about this .

Query:

-----------

Alreday Installed netbackup client path /usr/openv/netbackup/bin

Is this Possible to move to /var/openv/netbackup/bin

is this Work ?

If i moved this and create softlink also to /usr/openv is this senario will work ?

Thanks & Regards

Virankumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

The Netbackup client is installed in /usr/openv and not /usr/openv/netbackup/bin

If you move /usr/openv to /var/openv and create soft links between the two this should work.

But the question remain why. It easy to re-install the client in the right location. /usr/openv is the default path, if space is missing extend the file system. This is a walk in the park using UNIX/Linux systems.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

The Netbackup client is installed in /usr/openv and not /usr/openv/netbackup/bin

If you move /usr/openv to /var/openv and create soft links between the two this should work.

But the question remain why. It easy to re-install the client in the right location. /usr/openv is the default path, if space is missing extend the file system. This is a walk in the park using UNIX/Linux systems.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You did not mention NBU version.

This information is relevant, because newer versions of NBU client is installed as a package, not merely files copied/extracted to /usr/openv.

So, check NBU version and see if NBU package exist for NBU client, PBX and Java.

pkginfo |grep SYMC
pkginfo |grep VRTS

Best to uninstall following steps in NBU Installation Guide for your NBU version under 'Removing NetBackup client software' topic and reinstall to new path.
There should be no reason to uninstall or move PBX because it is installed in /opt.

You can find links to manuals for all NBU versions in 'Handy NBU Links' in my signature.