cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change "last Update" date for a specific media id

SJ_Hollist
Level 3

I've done a lot of searching in the commands documentation, and on-line, so I assume I need an "undocumented" command or command line option to solve my problem.

I've creating records of tapes (using vmadd) into a new master server so that we don't loose track of some tapes that we'll likely never use again, but for legal reasons have to keep around.  I'd like to update the "last update" feild in the EMM so that it shows up with a more realistic date when using bpmedialist against these particular tapes.

I don't need these tapes imported or anything like that, just want to be able to keep track of them, and when they were last updated.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Not possible I'm afraid ...

As  the value is taken from NBDB, so the only way it could be changed is via SQL, but this may well break something else so I would even attempt it (well, not on a live system).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Not possible I'm afraid ...

As  the value is taken from NBDB, so the only way it could be changed is via SQL, but this may well break something else so I would even attempt it (well, not on a live system).

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I am trying to understand why you need to have empty tapes (as far as NBU) is concerned to show up in bpmedialist. Only Assigned tapes with unexpired data (or expired but Frozen) will appear in the media database. You can still keep track of them if you create a separate volume pool with some descriptive name that will never be used for backups. These tapes can be queried/listed with nbemmcmd or vmquery commands.

SJ_Hollist
Level 3

I'm just trying to keep track of these tapes in case we need to import and restore from them. If I can mark them with a realistic date, then it's easier to pick out which tapes were created during the date range we are looking for.

I have created a separate volume pool for them already, but they span many years’ worth of dates and I don't want to create hundreds of pools to split them out further.

I'm not expect them to show up in bpmedialist (or anything similar), as you stated, it only shows assigned tapes, but with vmquery it still keeps track of the "Last Update" date even if it's not assigned.

For now I've decided to use the "description" field instead.

Thanks.