cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the client list on NetBackup 7.1 client.

John1955
Level 3

I am unable to change the client list on the NetBackup 7.1 client on our server.

I select 'Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type' From the File menu and click the 'Client List' button.

Any changes I make revert back when I close and restart the client.

Also, the 'Destination Client for Restores' box is grey out. What sets this value?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You need to get off of 7.1. We fixed issues with short names vs. FQDN so long ago, I'm not sure what the version was - somewhere between 7.5 and 7.6 GA.

You may have created this situation by installing NetBackup client with the FQDN, but using the short name in your backup policy. I try to be consistent in how I specify system names.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Redirected restore is only allowed on the master server.
A client can only browse and restore it's own backups.

If you want to restore agent backup (e.g Oracle or SQL) you need to read the relevant agent manual regarding redirected restore.

"A client can only browse and restore it's own backups. "

The problem we are having is that the client is not seeing it's own backups.

The client name is in the form 'adminserver1.main.local' as displayed by the NetBackup client, 'Source Client for restores' drop down box.

When I change the client list to 'adminserver1' (without the domains) the client can now see the backups.

Once the client is closed and re-opened the new client name reverts to the old one and the backups can not be seen.

You need to get off of 7.1. We fixed issues with short names vs. FQDN so long ago, I'm not sure what the version was - somewhere between 7.5 and 7.6 GA.

You may have created this situation by installing NetBackup client with the FQDN, but using the short name in your backup policy. I try to be consistent in how I specify system names.