cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed Server Name that Netbackup 9.0 is running on

TechGirl
Level 2
I recently had to change the server name that Netbackup 9.0 was running on and now I can't connect to the robot device.  Is there a way to change the master server name and the server name that the robot connects to?
5 REPLIES 5

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
Hi,
I guess you mean NetBackup (there is no v9.0 yet, maybe in a few years).
Anyway, Symantec doesn't support changing the name of the master server.  If you do, they won't support you.  I did it once in v4.5, but in a very small environment.  Never tried in v5.x, and I wouldn't dare attempt it with v6.0.
Regards,
Dave.

TechGirl
Level 2
Yes, it is Netbackup 6.0.  I had no choice.  My active directory was not stable with this server in place. 

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
I guess you will have had to de-install and re-install NetBackup then.  Is this what you did to get NetBackup working again?

TechGirl
Level 2
I noticed that the license keys specified a host.  I was worried about uninstalling and reinstalling and not being able to install the license keys onto a server with a different name.  I called Symantec and spoke with their Licensing group.  They verified that I would be able to uninstall the version and reinstall again with no troubles because it was version 6.0.  Later versions are dependent on the host that the key is activated on.  I saved the netbackup\db\class directory with all the policies.  We will import media into Netbackup as we use it.  It appears to be working fine now.  We will know for sure after our nightly backups. 

mgacio
Level 1
Employee

Now we have NBU 9.0  January 2021 :)