cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in bplist.exe from version 6.5.3 to version 6.5.4

mysteq
Level 2
Hi!

Does anyone know what changes where brought to bplist.exe in the 6.5.4 version? I can't find any documentet anywhere, but yet the output of the command in 6.5.4 and 6.5.4 is different.

Output in 6.5.3:
C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin>bplist.exe -b -l -R 1 /
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 12 22:39 D:\
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 12 22:39 C:\
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 12 22:39 System State:\
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 12 22:39 Shadow Copy Components:\

Output in 6.5.4:
C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin>bplist.exe -b -l -R 1 /
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 12 3 D:\
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 12 3 C:\
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 12 14 System State:\
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 12 24 Shadow Copy Components:\

As you can see, the time has been replaced by a number, and I can't find any documentation on what it represents. Is there any parameters to get the time of backup in 6.5.4 with bplist?

--
Ketil
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I recommend opening a support case and seeing if there's an open Etrack for that issue - if there isn't, there probably should be :)

(You'll be delighted to know this behaviour appears to have carried over into 7.0 as well.....)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Possible bug on NBU for Windows?

It's working fine on my Solaris Master server with 6.5.4:

# bplist -C mariannelt -t 13 -l -R 1 /
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 08 10:24 /D/

# cat /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/version
NetBackup-Solaris10 6.5.4

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
ditto, etc as per Marianne!

# bplist -C winclient -t 13 -l -R 1 /C
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 12 19:30 /C/

# cat /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/version
NetBackup-Solaris9 6.5.4

***EDIT***
But, if I run from my desktop (again 6.5.4) using the exact same command I get numbers instead of dates:

drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 12 3 C:\

So as Marianne suggests, a Windows NB bug?

lu
Level 6
The new number, seems to represent the number of characters in the following path.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Very observant!!

Marianne
Excellent observation lu!!
Ketil, I suggest you post your problem under Ideas, saying that you need the TIME, NOT amount of characters in path... Obviously some Windows developer had a brain f... !
The next thing to do is to upgrade to 6.5.5 and see if the problem stil exists.

mysteq
Level 2
Problem still exists on 6.5.5.
C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin>bplist -b -l -R 1 /
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 13 3 D:\
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 13 3 C:\

HARDWARE Windows x64
VERSION NetBackup 6.5.5
RELEASEDATE Thu Nov  5 16:48:42 CST 2009
BUILDNUMBER 20091105

Marianne
Have you added a request for enhancement under Ideas yet? We will all vote for you!

mysteq
Level 2
It has been added :)

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I recommend opening a support case and seeing if there's an open Etrack for that issue - if there isn't, there probably should be :)

(You'll be delighted to know this behaviour appears to have carried over into 7.0 as well.....)

suraya
Level 4
Partner Certified
Hi, im kinda new to this so can anyoen tell me if this cmd is correct?

D:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\bplist.exe -E -C qpidxprod -k BMR-Test-Backup -t 13 -X -s 0 -X -e 1270802628 -I "/System_State/Registry/system"

I got the above command from the vxlogview and got this error: EXIT STATUS 227: no entity was found.

Thanks.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
this should really have been a new post, so that should anyone find a solution for you you could mark it as such.

Anyway, have had a look at the command & tried it on our system. First thing I will say (well actually it's the second thing, but who's counting!) is that I have no idea what the -E & -X options are in the command you supplied - they certainly don't appear to be in in the man page nor usage:

USAGE: bplist [-A | -B] [-C client] [-S master_server]
      [-t policy_type] [-k policy] [-keyword "keyword phrase"]
      [-F] [-R [n]] [-b | -c | -u] [-l] [-Listpolicy] [-Listseconds]
      [-r] [-T] [-I] [-PI] [-unix_files | -nt_files] [-flops file_options]
      [-granular_proxy granular_proxy_client] [-s mm/dd/yyyy  [HH:MM:SS]] [-e mm/dd/yyyy  [HH:MM:SS]] [filename]

These are the results I got:

# bplist -E -C my2000client -k my2000policy -t 13 -X -s 0 -X -e 1270802628 -l "/System_State/Registry/system"
EXIT STATUS 227: no entity was found

But I know the 'essence' of the command is correct - I started with a cut down version that worked & then added the options & changed some parameters until it failed as above.

So, trying this command again, but cutting down the path:

# bplist -E -C my2000client -k my2000policy -t 13 -X -s 0 -X -e 1270802628 -l "/System_State/Registry"
drwx------ root      root                0 Apr 08 19:04 /System_State/Registry/
drwx------ root      root                0 Apr 07 19:04 /System_State/Registry/
etc etc etc
drwx------ root      root                0 Apr 25  2009 /System_State/Registry/
#

So the command does work but nothing for the path "/System_State/Registry/system"

Pauses for breath as I've just discovered something when looking in the Backup, Archive & Restore GUI .......

So I've gone through all this testing & do you know why it fails? (Obviously not as you asked the question!)

because it's case sensitive & system doesn't exist it's actually System!!!! crying

# bplist -E -C my2000client -k my2000policy -t 13 -X -s 0 -X -e 1270802628 -l "/System_State/Registry/System"
-rwx------ root      root          3117056 Apr 08 19:05 /System_State/Registry/System
-rwx------ root      root          3117056 Apr 07 19:04 /System_State/Registry/System
etc etc etc