cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in bplist.exe from version 6.5.3 to version 6.5.4

mysteq
Level 2
Hi!

Does anyone know what changes where brought to bplist.exe in the 6.5.4 version? I can't find any documentet anywhere, but yet the output of the command in 6.5.4 and 6.5.4 is different.

Output in 6.5.3:
C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin>bplist.exe -b -l -R 1 /
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 12 22:39 D:\
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 12 22:39 C:\
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 12 22:39 System State:\
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 12 22:39 Shadow Copy Components:\

Output in 6.5.4:
C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin>bplist.exe -b -l -R 1 /
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 12 3 D:\
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 12 3 C:\
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 12 14 System State:\
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 12 24 Shadow Copy Components:\

As you can see, the time has been replaced by a number, and I can't find any documentation on what it represents. Is there any parameters to get the time of backup in 6.5.4 with bplist?

--
Ketil
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I recommend opening a support case and seeing if there's an open Etrack for that issue - if there isn't, there probably should be :)

(You'll be delighted to know this behaviour appears to have carried over into 7.0 as well.....)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Possible bug on NBU for Windows?

It's working fine on my Solaris Master server with 6.5.4:

# bplist -C mariannelt -t 13 -l -R 1 /
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 08 10:24 /D/

# cat /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/version
NetBackup-Solaris10 6.5.4

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
ditto, etc as per Marianne!

# bplist -C winclient -t 13 -l -R 1 /C
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 12 19:30 /C/

# cat /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/version
NetBackup-Solaris9 6.5.4

***EDIT***
But, if I run from my desktop (again 6.5.4) using the exact same command I get numbers instead of dates:

drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 12 3 C:\

So as Marianne suggests, a Windows NB bug?

lu
Level 6
The new number, seems to represent the number of characters in the following path.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Very observant!!

Marianne
Level 6
Excellent observation lu!!
Ketil, I suggest you post your problem under Ideas, saying that you need the TIME, NOT amount of characters in path... Obviously some Windows developer had a brain f... !
The next thing to do is to upgrade to 6.5.5 and see if the problem stil exists.

mysteq
Level 2
Problem still exists on 6.5.5.
C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin>bplist -b -l -R 1 /
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 13 3 D:\
drwx------ root      root                0 Jan 13 3 C:\

HARDWARE Windows x64
VERSION NetBackup 6.5.5
RELEASEDATE Thu Nov  5 16:48:42 CST 2009
BUILDNUMBER 20091105

Marianne
Level 6
Have you added a request for enhancement under Ideas yet? We will all vote for you!

mysteq
Level 2
It has been added :)

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I recommend opening a support case and seeing if there's an open Etrack for that issue - if there isn't, there probably should be :)

(You'll be delighted to know this behaviour appears to have carried over into 7.0 as well.....)

suraya
Level 4
Partner Certified
Hi, im kinda new to this so can anyoen tell me if this cmd is correct?

D:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\bplist.exe -E -C qpidxprod -k BMR-Test-Backup -t 13 -X -s 0 -X -e 1270802628 -I "/System_State/Registry/system"

I got the above command from the vxlogview and got this error: EXIT STATUS 227: no entity was found.

Thanks.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
this should really have been a new post, so that should anyone find a solution for you you could mark it as such.

Anyway, have had a look at the command & tried it on our system. First thing I will say (well actually it's the second thing, but who's counting!) is that I have no idea what the -E & -X options are in the command you supplied - they certainly don't appear to be in in the man page nor usage:

USAGE: bplist [-A | -B] [-C client] [-S master_server]
      [-t policy_type] [-k policy] [-keyword "keyword phrase"]
      [-F] [-R [n]] [-b | -c | -u] [-l] [-Listpolicy] [-Listseconds]
      [-r] [-T] [-I] [-PI] [-unix_files | -nt_files] [-flops file_options]
      [-granular_proxy granular_proxy_client] [-s mm/dd/yyyy  [HH:MM:SS]] [-e mm/dd/yyyy  [HH:MM:SS]] [filename]

These are the results I got:

# bplist -E -C my2000client -k my2000policy -t 13 -X -s 0 -X -e 1270802628 -l "/System_State/Registry/system"
EXIT STATUS 227: no entity was found

But I know the 'essence' of the command is correct - I started with a cut down version that worked & then added the options & changed some parameters until it failed as above.

So, trying this command again, but cutting down the path:

# bplist -E -C my2000client -k my2000policy -t 13 -X -s 0 -X -e 1270802628 -l "/System_State/Registry"
drwx------ root      root                0 Apr 08 19:04 /System_State/Registry/
drwx------ root      root                0 Apr 07 19:04 /System_State/Registry/
etc etc etc
drwx------ root      root                0 Apr 25  2009 /System_State/Registry/
#

So the command does work but nothing for the path "/System_State/Registry/system"

Pauses for breath as I've just discovered something when looking in the Backup, Archive & Restore GUI .......

So I've gone through all this testing & do you know why it fails? (Obviously not as you asked the question!)

because it's case sensitive & system doesn't exist it's actually System!!!! crying

# bplist -E -C my2000client -k my2000policy -t 13 -X -s 0 -X -e 1270802628 -l "/System_State/Registry/System"
-rwx------ root      root          3117056 Apr 08 19:05 /System_State/Registry/System
-rwx------ root      root          3117056 Apr 07 19:04 /System_State/Registry/System
etc etc etc