Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Master Server's domain name

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

Hi all!

Good day!

Just want to ask for your help especially to those who had tried to change their NetBackup Master Server's domain name.

(e.g NBU01.local.com to NBU01.localincorporated.com)

NBU version 8.1

I just want to review the Pros and Cons when you are planning to change the domain name of NBU Master Server. Another thing is the steps to be followed.

Thank you so much!

Best regards!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Mike_Gavrilov
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can't change NBU master server's domain name. You need to involve Veritas Catalog Manipulation team/ Consulting service. https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100016305.html

View solution in original post

As your configuration was done using FQDN and changing the domain would eventually mean that you are changing the master server’s name itself you need to involve Veritas Consultants to do the job for you..

There are certain tools available with them to perform this catalog manipulation task..

Marianne
Level 6
I agree. If NBU was installed using FQDN, you need a catalog manipulation consultant to perform the name change.

10 REPLIES 10

Mike_Gavrilov

You can't change NBU master server's domain name. You need to involve Veritas Catalog Manipulation team/ Consulting service. https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100016305.html

Hi Sir,

Thank you for your feedback.

Saw your article you've send a while ago. I am not going to migrate my NBU Master Server's catalog to another one. 

What am I suppose to do is to change the domain of my Master Server.

Like example: 

Current FQDN = NBU01.local.com

Plan to change it to NBU01.localhost.com

Only the domain name, I mean we're going to transfer our NBU Master Server to another domain.

Thank you and Best regards!

Mike_Gavrilov

The article has your case:

> Renaming of a Master Server or Media Server

unfortunately, domain name change is still renaming. 

Hi Sir,

Noted. I'll review it further.

Thanks and best regards!

Marianne
Level 6

@J_Huggins

Have you had a look at all of the 'Related discussions' on the right of the screen?

Change Master Server Domain

Change Domain Name

Netbackup, Change Domain Name

Changing Active Directory domain of NBU Master Ser... 

It all depends on how NBU was installed on the master - using shortname or FQDN? 

Alexis_Jeldrez
Level 6

I know the answer should be yes but just to be 100% sure instead of 99%: does the Master Server name include the domain? Is the domain listed in nbemmcmd -listhosts ?

Hi Ma'am @Marianne and Sir @Alexis_Jeldrez,

Good day! Thank you both for your reply.

What if, if we used FQDN during installation? I think that is more complicated than using short name upon installation.

Didn't read the articles yet but I'll do.

As your configuration was done using FQDN and changing the domain would eventually mean that you are changing the master server’s name itself you need to involve Veritas Consultants to do the job for you..

There are certain tools available with them to perform this catalog manipulation task..

Marianne
Level 6
I agree. If NBU was installed using FQDN, you need a catalog manipulation consultant to perform the name change.

Hi Ma'am @Marianne and Sir @Amol_Nair,

How can we have the support from Manipulation team? I mean we need to purchase the service for that? Or its just like a filing of an incident or ticket in the Veritas Website?

Thank you and best regards!