cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the Robot Control Host from Media Server A to Media Server B

chethan2365
Level 3

Hi Team,

We have Linux Netbackup 7.7.3 with 1 Master and 2 Media server, planning to change the robot control host from Media server A to Media Server B and I am following the below tech article.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100016235 

I have two questions regarding to the subject

1. Article says to move all medias from robot to standalone (non-robot), does volume group with --- and standalone both are same?

2. My second qustion is once I move all tapes to standalone then I will delete the robot from Media Server A and configure the robot in Media server B and perfrom inventory. Do I need to take care anything on drives which are presented to Media Server A.

Please apprecaite your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Chetan, see below.

1. Volume group "---" simply means "non-robotic". You just have to go to Media and Device Management, and highlight Media. This will display all the NetBackup media in the right pane window. Highlight each media ID, right-click, move, then change the media to standalone or (non-robotic). 

2. Make sure the Robot/drives are zoned and visible to the new Media server and change the robotic control for the robot from its device file to the name of the new robotic control media server host as documented in the article.

--Virgil

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Chetan, see below.

1. Volume group "---" simply means "non-robotic". You just have to go to Media and Device Management, and highlight Media. This will display all the NetBackup media in the right pane window. Highlight each media ID, right-click, move, then change the media to standalone or (non-robotic). 

2. Make sure the Robot/drives are zoned and visible to the new Media server and change the robotic control for the robot from its device file to the name of the new robotic control media server host as documented in the article.

--Virgil

Thanks Virgil