cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check the number of licenses in my infra.

smith_jones
Level 6

Hi All,

I have one requirement and query -

I need the number of netbackup client licenses, number of master and media server licenses (and what are they for) in our infra.
I did not get these type of info. from command - "bpminlicense -list_keys -verbose".
Can you please suggest? 

I have one master server which is also the media server and some clients. All are windows based.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

And/or contact Veritas Customer Support (not technical Support) and ask for a "License IBR" (Installed Base Report) which will list all of the licenses that you have.  You then need to manually notionally apportion your license ownership "types and counts" across/versus your actual implemented/usage "client types and counts".   There is no automated process.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

NetBackup only stores license keys that enable the features that come with the license keys.

No quantities are entered or stored in NetBackup.

You need to compare the quantities on your license keys certificates (paper or pdf copy) with the number of clients/agents in NBU policies.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

And/or contact Veritas Customer Support (not technical Support) and ask for a "License IBR" (Installed Base Report) which will list all of the licenses that you have.  You then need to manually notionally apportion your license ownership "types and counts" across/versus your actual implemented/usage "client types and counts".   There is no automated process.