I've not seen any specific mention of those VM products. I think maybe you should approach the VM supplier first, and ask a more general question of:
1) what are their best practices for providing point-in-time recovery of their VMs?
2) then ask... whether whole VM style backups (irresepective of backup platform) are supported?
3) then ask... whether it is supported (by them) to have a backup agent installed (by you) inside the guest VM?
4) only if options 2 or 3 are definitely actually supported by the VM vendor, then ask teh vendor for details about the OS and for details about the file-systems used, then you can check to see whether their OS choice and their file-system choice is supported by NetBackup.
5) what flavour of Nutanix hypervisor - VMware or their own AHV ?
6) what is the exact specific version of Nutanix (i.e. VMware or AHV) ?