Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning Tape

NetB_User
Level 4
Certified

Good day

I'm running Netbackup 6.5.4 on Windows Server 2003 and I have a cleaning tape that is somehow showing in the DataStore Pool.

This is all fine and well and not causing any issues, however everyday when the Operators eject the tapes to eb sent offsite, the cleaning tape is on the eject list.

I;ve tried to move it using the gui and even dabbled with the vmquery command, however this is not working.

Is there any other command I can try to use? the sytax I am using for vmquery is: [vmquery -h "EMM Server" -deassignbyid CLNU02 2 0x0], is this in fact correct?

Kind regards

NetB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

therefore gets assigned, couldn't (unsuprisingly!) & froze it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

You'll probably have to delete it & re-inventory robot. Ensure that your barcode rules are correct. Easiest would be through the GUI.

NetB_User
Level 4
Certified

Thanks Andy, but I already tried to delete it and it gives an error, saying that I'm unable to delete a volume once its been assigned.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

To me it sound like you got a data tape with a cleaning label. Cleaning tapes should'nt get assigned

Try to do a : bpimmedia -d 01/01/2000 -mediaid {volume_name}

to see if it's contain active images.

NetB_User
Level 4
Certified

Okay its sorted now, turns out the tape was frozen (used bpmedialist command), unfroze it, moved it from Scratch pool to the None pool where it belongs ;)

NetB_User
Level 4
Certified

I tried that command Nicolai, however it returns the following output: no entity was found

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

therefore gets assigned, couldn't (unsuprisingly!) & froze it.

Anshu_Pathak
Level 5

Hi,

When you say eject list ...... are you using NetBackup vault option (Then it will be a different issue altogether). The operator .... is he using NetBackup admin console to perform the eject operation or  he does it directly from the library console.

Cleaning tapes are not used for backup jobs hence they should not have time assigned value on it.

Command 1:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpmedialist -m <media_id>

This command will show the correct status of the tape. If tape is in frozen state you can use the below command to unfreeze it and you should be able to delete it

Command 2:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpmedia -unfreeze -m <media_id>