cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client NBU Installed but don't find client in Console

admin_bkp007
Level 4

My environment is master server Win 2019 and NBU v8.2

My client is standalone HyperV Win2016 with NBU v8.2.

When I go to console and Host Properties/Client I can't find my client, I don't understand what's the problem, my host client is set on my file host and bptest working everything fine, I already restart the services of NBU in client and stop/start my master server but unfortunately not solve my problem....any idea?

Thanks advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This is expected. If you used the virtual name in the backup policy, you will only see that as a Client under the Hosts in the java console. If you try to connect to it, you will see that it is actually connecting to the active cluster node.

--Virgil

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @admin_bkp007 

You won't find the client in the host properties section until you create a policy that includes it (master and media servers appear auotmatically when they are created, clients are different).

David

Hamza_H
   VIP   
Clients in host properties are seen only if they are added to policies.
You also can check the properties of a client even if it is not listed, there is an icon on top in host properties, click on it and enter the name of your client

I understood, but I already have policy for this client, this a cluster hyper-v with node1 and node2, but in the policy was set clusterhv, so I can't see node1 and node2.

X2
   VIP   

What is the output of bptestbpcd -verbose -client <clusterhv fqdn>?

Also, are there any host mappings pending in the console?

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This is expected. If you used the virtual name in the backup policy, you will only see that as a Client under the Hosts in the java console. If you try to connect to it, you will see that it is actually connecting to the active cluster node.

--Virgil

Thanks for suggestion, sorry about my answer so later.

No one host mappings pending in the console

Thanks for suggestion, sorry about my answer so later.

That's make sense because I used my virtual name in the backup policy, but when I went to Client under the hosts in console unfortunately I didn't see my virtual name BUT maybe is because my virtual name doesn't has client NBU installed, right? So I suppose everything is fine ..