1) Where on symantec web site can I find 6.5.2A clients? I know new patches are available but need 6.5.2A clients until I update. I find the 5.5.2A but they lead to 6.5.3 downloads.
2) Does the Java (example NB_JAV_6.5.2.winnt.x86.exe) for window clients need to be installed? If required, does this affect any other version of java running on clients. My vendor did not install java for any windows clients runing xp, 2003 server, etc.. Also, I am concerned if the java is required for BMR.
The referenced link https://fileconnect.symantec.com/ does not provide 6.5.2A English. It appears to contain only 6.5 install before patches which is needed but no patches for clients. Except maybe for Japanese or Chinese.
1) Veritas NetBackup Enterprise Server 6.5 - International English 6.5 International English
2) Veritas NetBackup Enterprise Server 6.5 - Japanese 6.5.2A Japanese
3) Veritas NetBackup Enterprise Server 6.5 - Simplified Chinese 6.5.2A Simplified Chinese
A reorganized of their web site would be useful to help to administrators.
I can find the link for all operating systems but the 6.5.2 document which is used to down load the client for 6.5.2A provides only a link to 6.5.3. I can not find the actual patch for a operating system which actually the 6.5.2A. If you go into the document and you find the actual download for 6.5.2A, let me know because it would be a great help.