cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Summary Dashboard in OPSCenter showing wrong NB version of clients

DoubleP
Level 5

We're currently in the process of updating to version 8.0. We've taken care of OPSCenter, our masters and media servers (linux), and appliances. Our combined Windows/UNIX-LINUX SA team have been using Foreman/Puppet to update the various clients. They took care of Windows last week and linux clients yesterday. They know that there are some servers that are not in Foreman (but not which ones), so wouldn't have been updated. I tried using the Client Summary Dashboard in OPSCenter to see which linux and windows clients were not updated. Unfortunately, the dashboard is showing clients as 6.5.4. None of our clients have that old of a version. By connecting through NB console, the oldest I've found are 7.1.0.4; however, most that I've clicked that aren't showing as 8.0 are 7.7.2.

How do we get OPSCenter to show the correct versions of the clients? Is this a known issue? And is there another way to get a complete list of clients w/NB version for our three master servers, without clicking each one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm going to try the filter. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GeForce123
Level 5

Are the clients that are showing version 6.5.4 in the Client Summary Dashboard report still in your environment? That report will keep a list of any and all clients that have ever been backed up in your environment regardless if they haven't been in your environment for years. 

krutons1,. I checked through the report, some clients are showing up twice. The first time as  6.5.4, but then a few "pages" later, as 7.6.0.4. And I do see 8.0s later in the report. Should they be showing twice?

The clients could show up twice if a change occured, like an OS change/upgrade. Usuaully, I'll filter the dashboard report and exclude all clients that don't have any volume/job info in the right hand columns because chances are they are no longer in my environment.

Is that what you see when you see multiple entries for one client, where one has job info and the client with the older version has nothing.

I'm going to try the filter. Thanks!