cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client install information

mchabot1
Level 2

Hi!

I'm trying to find some information on installing the netbackup client onto our HP-UX 11.31 blades but am having a hard time finding anything. I found the install instructions, but they lack some key information that our HP-UX admin is looking for. Any guidance would be appreciated.

1. If we install the agent either from the admin console or dvd-media, where does the client get installed to and how large is it?

2. We're currently on 7.7.2 and our UX is on version 11.31, should we just try installing the 7.7.2 agent, or should we install an older one first and do an upgrade after it's installed?

Thank you very much.

-Mike

3 REPLIES 3

sclind
   VIP   

1)  we use this method:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/install_client_files sftp your_hostname root 

(you need to define your_hostname in some policy first)

We make /usr/openv 4gb which is plenty of space

2)  The above method should pust out the 7.7.2 client if you have it loaded on your master server.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

All in the following NBU docs: 

1.a) If we install the agent either from the admin console or dvd-media, where does the client get installed to

See NetBackup Installation Guide  - under About UNIX/Linux client installation methods
/usr/openv

1.b) and how large is it?

See NetBackup 7.7.2 Release Notes - NetBackup 7.7.2 binary sizes
HP-UX IA64 64-bit client : 2906MB

2. We're currently on 7.7.2 and our UX is on version 11.31, should we just try installing the 7.7.2 agent, or shou we install an older one first and do an upgrade after it's installed?

Same as Server software :  http://www.veritas.com/docs/000081343 
"The NetBackup 7.7.2 GA Release is a full media release...."
Not only for upgrades but for new installation as well.

mchabot1
Level 2

Thank you all for your comments! I really appreciate it.

Mike