cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client not adding automatically

sagar666
Level 5

Hi,

I created a policy and policy type is vmware when am adding new VM's to esxi server netbackbup is not taking newly added vms and in policy i selected primary vm identifier VM display name then also is not adding new VM's after next backup..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If your selection is manually, new clients will not be automatically added.

Please go through the section in the manual that I have referred to above.

You can change selection criteria in the policy, but please read the manual before you do so.
It is important that you understand the requirements and the effect of selections/rules that you will need to specify.

Start with chapter 6 - Configure automatic selection of virtual machines for backup

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6

Have you tested VM selection with Test Query option?

What is selected in ReuseVMselection query results for option?

PS:

PLEASE update or close off your other unresolved forum posts.
(Have a look at the Private Message I sent you yesterday...)

sagar666
Level 5

Hi Van,

1.How to do test query?

2.where is the Reuse option query in netbackup 7.5

Marianne
Level 6

It is on the same screen where you configure virtual machine selection.

See Figure 6-1 on page 81 of NetBackup 7.5.0.x for VMware Administrator's Guide  http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5605

sagar666
Level 5

Hi Van,

I have selected virtual machine seclection manually...So it is not showing that option...Actually i thought if i select primary identifer is vm display name it will take newly added vm's in next backup i think my assumption is wrong.So what to now is it require to configure automatically selection query for that policy or It is possible to  fix this issue with existing  policy.

Marianne
Level 6

If your selection is manually, new clients will not be automatically added.

Please go through the section in the manual that I have referred to above.

You can change selection criteria in the policy, but please read the manual before you do so.
It is important that you understand the requirements and the effect of selections/rules that you will need to specify.

Start with chapter 6 - Configure automatic selection of virtual machines for backup