cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client recognized as WindowsVista 6 in Host Properties

NB_maximus
Level 3

Hello,

Many of my windows 2008 servers are recognized as WindowsVista 6 in Host Properties --> Clients in the "Operating System" tab even though they are correctly mentioned as 2008 in the policy tab. This causes discrepancy in its system state backups.

Please let me know the cause.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

watsons
Level 6

Just manually change it to "Windows 2008" which should be in the dropdown list in "Clients" tab. Sometimes when setting up the policy it goes to the default, happened a lot in my Unix environment which takes in HP9000 by default.. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

watsons
Level 6

Just manually change it to "Windows 2008" which should be in the dropdown list in "Clients" tab. Sometimes when setting up the policy it goes to the default, happened a lot in my Unix environment which takes in HP9000 by default.. 

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Which NBU version are you running? On master, media and client.

Please tell us more about this 'discrepancy'?

NB_maximus
Level 3

Hello Marianne,

Here in the policy tab I've correctly mentioned the client as Windowsx64 2008 but in the Host properties --> Clients --> tab of the backup server the server is being presented as a WindowsVista 6. Not sure why..

I assume that the Host Properties use the bpgetcofig command to fetch this information..

Master server is running on 7.1.0.4

Client is 6.5

RonCaplinger
Level 6

(You know Marianne's going to remind you to upgrade your client, since NBU 6.5 has not been supported for almost 2 years now...  wink)

Marianne
Level 6

Exactly!! 

Client is 6.5

Why on earth?! Why??? cryingcryingcrying

The discrepancy in its system state backups is probably because of 6.5.

There have been numerous fixes for W2008 Shadow Copy Components/System State backups in NBU 7.1.0.x patches....

watsons
Level 6

LOL... I wish Symantec can add an "Expected end of support date" in the "About" tab of Netbackup GUI next time.

Marianne
Level 6

The reason for backup issues is probably the old 6.5 software and also the reason for client OS showing up as Vista...