cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients installed as media servers (bpcd logs being spammed)

epsilon22222
Level 4

Hey all,

We have two clients installed as media servers and we want to have them act as clients instead of constantly having them be checked against master server records. 

BPCD logs on master server are spammed with these checks every few minutes:

00:00:00.145 [7196.9896] <2> bpcd valid_server: comparing test_server1 and test_server2

00:00:00.161 [7196.9896] <16> bpcd valid_server: test_server2 is not a media server either

These clog up the BPCD logs and make it more difficult to browse and other potential issues occuring.  Is there a way to turn off media server services and only allow the server to act as a client without uninstalling the server software? Or can we uninstall the server software while still leaving the client install intact?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RonCaplinger
Level 6

Yes, client software is installed, but you cannot disable the media server software without uninstalling the entire package.

You should probably follow the instructions for decommissioning a media server on those two clients, just to be sure nothing else is possibly referencing them as media servers, including all entries in the EMM database.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Deinstall Media server software and install client software. The software is different between the two.

That is the best way, you then do not have the bloated media server software installed when you don't need it.

epsilon22222
Level 4

Doesn't it already have the client software installed though? We have the 7.5.0.1 patch and it required us to install the patch along with the client software patch?

swlist | grep -i SYMCnbclt
SYMCnbclt                             7.5.0.0        NetBackup Client

Would I be able to just remove the the SYMCnetbp? I guess that wouldn't really be a clean uninstall?

RonCaplinger
Level 6

Yes, client software is installed, but you cannot disable the media server software without uninstalling the entire package.

You should probably follow the instructions for decommissioning a media server on those two clients, just to be sure nothing else is possibly referencing them as media servers, including all entries in the EMM database.