cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloned Netbackup master in test lab but Netbackup will not start

SteveLaw
Level 5

Hi,

We're planning to upgrade from Netbackup 7.5.0.6 to 7.6.1.2, starting with the master and two key media servers. I want to run through the process and specifically test how long the catalog migration process takes, so we know what kind of window we need to for the upgrade. For testing purposes I cloned the master server SWN009 (it is hosted on an ESX Vm farm) and booted it up with no network connection. But Netbackup is refusing to run. The application event log reports:   "Event 516 - Netbackup - swn009 is not the primary server swn009.corpds.net". 

Obviously the server has lost it's connection to the domain, but I assumed that Netbackup would still run. Is this a security feature and is there a workaround so I can still test the upgrade and catalog migration in a 'test lab' environment?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
NBU is EXTREMELY dependent on hostname. swn009.corpds.net != swn009 If NBU on original master was installed with FQDN, then shortname is not going to do it in test environment. You can try to add swn009.corpds.net and swn009 as aliases in hosts file as a workaround and see how it goes...